Grizzly Modular Homes are custom prefabricated modular dwellings which are delivered as soon as 2 to 3 months, and are ready to move in onto your property, laneway or backyard. They are factory built in southern B.C. and arrive finished, wired and complete with kitchen and bathroom cabinets and appliances. We welcome customize size and design requirements and will create a layout based on your needs.
We will create a 2D and 3D floor plan and basic design for you. We can also quote you on creating full 3D design renders. You can work with your own builder using our layouts and 3D designs, or we can refer you to our modular home factory for a quote.
Once your floor plan, design layout, and interior decor options are finalized, we will work with our engineering department for final costing for delivery of your modular home to your property. When ready to proceed, we will connect you with the modular home factory directly to arrange financing and 50% down payment.
Contact us for a site visit, or to discuss a custom design and floor plan.
We first require that you have your site foundation prepared prior to delivery of our modular homes. You can place modular homes on a slab foundation, basement or concrete pilings/piers. A site inspection is required prior to finalizing our floorplan, designs and costing for your home.
Factory build modular homes are low cost, energy efficient and environmentally conscious dwellings. Unlike mobile homes which are built on a steel frame and have lower resale value, modular homes are like regular custom homes but are built in a factory and installed on a cement slab or basement foundation or piers. With proper design, you can maximize your indoor space as well as view, while allowing sun exposure.
Efficiently designed with a small foot-print, a modular home can maximize your real estate, help with your mortgage and be a great rental investment, laneway home, Airbnb or guest suite. Modular homes can be designed to be forest fire resistant, or have solar panels, wind turbines, creek hydro power generators, green roofs or rain water catchment systems.
Although we like to standardize decor options to lower your cost, you can get a choice of finishings, colours and designs for your home. We provide your choice of wood, steel, cement board or vinyl siding for example. We install energy efficient windows, and lights as well as wire with electrical outlets, phone and ethernet connections to suit your needs. You also have the option to have all kitchen and bathroom cabinets and appliances included with our own selection of decor finishes at a reduced cost. We can provide dishwasher, fridge and stove appliances (we use Whirlpool for all homes at factory discount), range hoods, sinks, shower, toilet and counter tops as part of your package as well.
There is no construction mess or loud noise since we make the entire modular studio home in our factory warehouse in southern British Columbia. We offer Canadian Standards Association (CSA) approval certification with a 10 year warranty and also 1 year of free home insurance. Our B.C. factory has over 30 years of construction and home delivery experience. With modular home building, we can keep your cost between $120 to $200 per square foot. Delivery and crane/site installation is included, however site specific sewer/plumbing and electrical hook-ups are not.
MODULAR HOME FEATURES
- average delivery in 2 to 3 months
- suitable for rental property, laneway, Airbnb
- 10 Year Home Warranty (CSA) included
- 1 Year Home Insurance included
- energy efficient windows and doors
- wired with electrical panel and exterior plugs
- wall heater/ventilation/lighting
- durable engineered wood/laminated flooring
- fire resistant roof, siding, windows/doors
- exterior colour options to match your house
- customer provides level ground & water/power hookups
- costs will vary based on options selected (further below)
- decks, stairs or foundation/site work/hookups not included
- delivery anywhere within southern British Columbia included
- Built to CSA Z-240 B.C. construction standards
- Insulation: R20+ walls, R28+ floor, R40+ roof
- Roof 80 to 140 psf snow load, 160 km/h wind rated
- 29 gauge steel roofing, 25 year warranty
- roof rafters 24″ OC, with 8 to 9 foot ceiling
- 2×8 or 2×10 floor joists at 16″ OC, 5/8″ plywood floor
- 2×6 exterior walls at 24″ OC, 1/2″ OSB
- 2×4 interior walls at 24″ OC, 1/2″ OSB
- wired with plugs, phone and ethernet ports
- exterior side overhangs LED pot-lights, interior LED pot-lights
- hard-wired smoke/CO detector, external GFI plugs
- crane installation is available based on your site requirements
- 4/12 Residential Roof Pitch, Perimeter Vented Eaves
- Textured Drywall Ceiling
- 5/8” T&G Exterior Decking
- Decorative Insulated Entry Doors with Dead Bolt (36” Front & 32” Rear)
- Decorative Exterior Light at all Entrances (except porches)
- Residential Maintenance Free Double Glazed Low E with Argon,
- PVC Windows w/Vinyl Sills (upgrades available)
- Screens & Security Locks
- Exterior GFI Electrical Outlet & Exterior Frost Free Tap
- 94 psf Ground Snowload
- Insulation Meets or Exceeds Regional Codes
- your choice of wall, ceiling and flooring options & decor
- kitchen cabinets, countertops, range hood and island
- bathroom sinks, toilet and shower stall
- Whirlpool Fridge, Stove and Dishwasher
- steel, fiberglass or ashphalt roofing
- Hardiplank, steel, vinyl or wood siding
- window and door type and placements
- European Deluxe Cabinetry w/ Crown Moulding
- extended Overhead Fridge Cabinet
- stepped Kitchen Cabinets (Plan Speciﬁc)
- Ceramic Tile Backsplash
- Window Over Kitchen Sink
- Deluxe 30” Electric Range
- Exterior Vented Range Hood with Light
- Whirlpool 18 cu ft, 2-door, Frost Free Refrigerator
- Double Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink
- Bump-Out At Kitchen Sink (Plan Speciﬁc)
- Chrome Single Lever Faucet w/Pull out Spout
- 50% deposit to begin production
- Remainder due 30 days prior to delivery
Delivery of your studio averages 8 to 12 weeks to anywhere in B.C. Canada. Customization or variances from the standard designs and layouts, excessive revisions and site requirements will of course change pricing & lead times.